Monday 4 June 2012

Greetings

Hello everyone. My name is Steve Austin and I live at Edinboro, Kingstown. My journey into teaching began in 2001 when I left the community college and was employed as a French teacher. I remained as a French teacher up until June 2008, after which I attended the St. Vincent Community College - Division of Teacher Education, graduating in June of 2010.

Currently, I'm a Grade six teacher at the Clare Valley Government School. There, I teach Math, Science, (some) Music and I am also the School's IT Coordinator.

Technology has always been an area of interest for me as I'm a music lover - downloading music is something that I do almost everyday! Over the years I've tried a bit of graphic designing (i suck at this), photo editing, video editing and audio editing. Most of my technological knowledge was gained via an IT summer course (while at the Teacher's College), workshops, personal readings and an IT savvy friend of mine.

By undertaking this course, I hope to gain much knowledge in relation to ICT and its Integration in Education. I look forward to the assignments, group activities, discussions and moreso, to complete this course with a full stomach of information to share and implement with my colleagues and students.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Steve

    Next 18 mths I will pulling your shirt sleeves. At the end you will master ICT in education. As a matter of fact we all will.

    Semonique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Miss Harry and I'm in agreement.

      Delete
  2. By the way my blog is:

    www.ictsvg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete